Terms & Conditions
- Dogwood Hill shall provide a boarding facility maintained and operated in a good,safe and workmanlike manner.
- Owner certifies that the animal is sound in body and health and free from any communicable disease so far as it appears to the eye.It has not been exposed to distemper in the last thirty (30) days. Dogwood Hill shall supervise the care and upkeep of the animal; Dogwood Hill shall arrange for veterinary care as required during the boarding, and for the health and well being of the animal as needed in the opinion of Dogwood Hill.All veterinary care shall be provided by Blue Ridge Animal Hospital, in the event the animal's veterinarian is not reasonably available.
- The owner shall pick up the animal on the date agreed upon.If the Owner does not pick up the animal within fifteen (15) days after the date agreed upon,Dogwood Hill may dispose of the animal as it sees fit, in accordance with Va. Code Ann. 3.1-796.96.
- The owner shall be liable for all board and veterinary charges incurred for the care and boarding of the animal; the owner shall also be liable for any other fees or charges incurred for the care and/or boarding of the animal, such other charges shall include, but are not limited to, charges for any damage to the boarding facility beyond ordinary wear and tear, which may be caused by the animal.
- Neither Dogwood Hill, its employees, officers, or agents, nor the owners of the boarding facility, nor their agents or employees shall be liable for any disease, accident, injury, or death of the animal, from any cause whatsoever, including, but not limited to fire, theft, lightning or act of God; niether shall Dogwood Hill, its employees, officers, or agents, nor the owners of the boarding facility, nor their agents or employees shall be liable for any injury or damage to any person, animal or property caused by the animal, the owner, his or her agents, employees, or subcontractors, or from any cause wharsoever. The owner agrees to indemnify Dogwood Hill and the owners of the facility against any claim for any for any damage to any person, animal, or property caused by the animal, the owner, his or her agents, employees, or subcontractors,.
The boarding of animals is subject to Article 3.1(3.1-796.83:1 et seq) Of Chapter 27.4 of Title 3.1.
If your animal becomes ill or injured while in the custody of the boarding establishment, the boarding establishment shall provide the animal with emergency veterinary treatment for the illness or injury.
The consumer shall bear the reasonable and necessary cost of emergency veterinary treatment for any illness or injury occurring while the animal is in the custody of the boarding establishment.The boarding establishment shall bear the expence of veterinary treatment for any injury the animal sustains while at the boarding establishment if the injury resulted from the establishments failure,whether accidental or intentional, to provide the care required by Article 3.1-796.68; however, the boarding establishment shall not be required to bear the cost of veterinary treatment for injuries resulting from the animal's self mutilation.